The Essential Marketing & Advertising Trends for 2023 and Beyond
As 2023 approaches with warp speed, it’s time to start thinking about another year of digital marketing and advertising.
We live in an increasingly digital age and while an ever-expanding choice of channels and touchpoints means more opportunity for ambitio
Table of Contents
- Data analytics adoption will rise across industries
- Analytics is the main essential thing for a publisher
- Great native ad campaigns should be customer research driven
- Social media content will become more dynamic
- Thought-leadership will take center stage in content marketing
- Advertising will go more native
us brands looking to make their mark, the competition is fierce.
Niche or sector aside, to stand out from the crowd, offering consistent value to your target consumers while developing a solid brand experience across the board (from your website and social media channels to your email newsletter, blog, mobile app, and beyond) is essential.
To help you achieve success in 2023, here are the essential maximum marketing and advertising you need to know about.
Data analytics adoption will rise across industries
While data analytics is by no means a new concept in the marketing and advertising arena, in 2023 an increasing number of brands will place more focus on developing campaigns or content using a mix of metrics and insights.
By 2027, the use of big data analytics solutions is expected to grow to $12 billion. As more marketers and advertisers look to improve their return on investment (ROI) and make smarter investments in terms of ad content or placement, using smart reporting tools or analytics dashboards will become standard practice.
To win in on 2023’s commercial battlefield, squeezing as much value from your business’s data is vital. To help you on your journey, here are two resources you should read:
Social media content will become more dynamic
Social media is growing in strength—and in 2023, consumers will be more hungry for dynamic digital content than ever before.
To succeed in 2023 and connect with your audience on a deeper level, creating dynamic, visually-driven content is the way forward.
Here are some social media marketing and advertising tips that will help you engage and inspire your audience in 2023:
- Create videos or reels with a strong story or narrative to create meaningful connections with your audience.
- Analyze your competitors’ content to see what works, what doesn’t, and where you can fill gaps with your social media content.
- Invest in quality visuals that represent your brand while shining your products in the best possible light.
- Deliver highly-personal messaging with Dynamic Product Ads.
Thought-leadership will take center stage in content marketing
82% of web users or online shoppers report that thought leadership content has cemented their trust in a brand or business.
In 2023 and beyond, advertisers and marketers will begin to use their content to enlighten and educate their target audience. By creating original thought-leadership content, you will boost your brand awareness while establishing trust and authority in your niche.
To help you ‘go big’ with your ad and marketing content in 2023, here are some golden thought-leadership rules to consider:
1. Prioritize innovating and inspiring rather than being overly sales-y or promotional.
2. Use real-world case studies, examples and data in your ad or marketing content to give your thoughts and insights credibility.
3. Speak in plain, simple language that is accessible to all rather than using confusing industry jargon.
4. Give your readers a little mystery or space to form their own opinions and ideas to keep the conversation going and boost engagement.
5. Use marketing action words naturally in your copy where possible to keep your content punchy.
Advertising will go more native
By the end of 2020, 80% of all web traffic included some form of native video advertising. And, while the official data is yet to be released for 2021, we expect native advertising to rise as a new year dawns.
Native advertising is a branch of marketing where the ad content weaves itself in with the format and context of the host publication or surrounding content. For example, a native ad on social media displays as a social media post and a native ad featured on Google looks like every other search result on the page.
The reason native advertising is set to explode in 2023 is because its intuitive, adaptable, and unintrusive. As mentioned earlier, today’s consumers command a meaningful brand experience across every channel or touchpoint—and that’s exactly what native advertising delivers.
If you’re looking to capture the attention of your audience where they are most engaged and deliver the kind of content that inspires them to connect with your brand, native advertising should become an essential part of your strategy in 2023.
Our essential native advertising guide will tell you all you need to know to develop a solid strategy in 2023.
“Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we don't catch up, we’re in trouble.”—Ian Schafer, marketing expert
The key trait that all of these advertising and marketing trends share is the fact that they are based on delivering genuine value and seamless brand experiences.
To push yourself ahead of the pack, adopting a dynamic content-driven approach is vital. For native advertising and marketing success, AdStyle will empower you to grab the right peoples’ attention at the exactly the right time in their journey.
We work with publishers directly and display ads to visitors based on their personal preferences. We're the intersection between advertisers, publishers, and people and exist to help ambitious brands or publications build trust, awareness, and authority by getting their creative content in the best way possible. We’re AdStyle, and we’re here to push you ahead of the pack in 2023.
To find out more about our platform or services, get in touch—we look forward to hearing from you.