To build a succesful campaign, you need to aproach the ad strategy correctly.
Creating succesfull ad items is a crucial stage toward positive results at any marketing funnel - from concederation, to lead generation and conversion.
Keep in mind, that user expectations should match the information on the landing page to increase interest and engagement.
What is an ad item? Each ad includes an image and a headline describing your campaign.
The image should visually explain the product, service or topic your campaign is promoting while, headline is the texual representation of the promoted content.
- Be brief. Content belongs on your page, not in your headline. Headlines that only contain a few words often perform better than more elaborate ones.
We accept headlines that are 65 characters or less.
- Be informative. Phrase your headlines as questions or as “how to” statements. Let the reader know that your content is informative and/or helpful.
- Be honest. Misleading your readers about your content just to increase clicks not only wastes your money, it also damages your brand’s integrity.
Honestly promoting your content ensures that you reach your intended audience and encourages return visits.
For example, assume that a financial advisory firm has an offer for a free consultation discussing retirement packages for consultants. They are considering two different headline options:
First: "Plan for your retirement with Money-Advisors LLC" Second: "Consultants, Join Today's Webinar and Retire 5 years Early!"
The second title is more engaging. There is a clear target audience (consultants), a sense of urgency (today) and a clear benefit (retire 5 years early)
- Use photos. Photos of people or products are more engaging and straightforward than graphics or diagrams.
- Customize them. An image that looks great splashed across the top of your article might not be very clear as a small square in a widget.
Pick simple, sharp images that look great as small as 80 pixels wide.
- Make them big! To reach the widest possible audience, use the largest images and best resolution allowed.
This ensures that your content is compatible with every available ad placement, including the ones that draw the most attention to your content.